Looking for a great opportunity for your kids (ages 5-18) to explore their artistic talent this summer? Two of our professional artists/experienced instructors, Celeste Johnston and Ellen Werner, will conduct a series of 8 workshops on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (1-4 pm) running from June 22 to July 15. The schedule for the 8 sessions is as follows:
- June 22: Jelli plate printing
- June 24: Kite making
- June 29: Plarn Creations
- July 1: String art on canvas
- July 6: Plein Air Painting
- July 8: Cork creatures
- July 13: Loom Weaving
- July 15: Marbling on paper
Class size will be limited to eight students per session and all COVID regulations will apply. There will be a fee of $15 per session. However, there will be a $10 discount on the total registration fee for students enrolled in all 8 sessions. The deadline for registration will be Friday, June 11. You may register at the Gallery at 200 Prince St (Friday noon-4pm, Saturday 10am-2pm) or online.
If you have questions about the classes or the registration process, you may call Ellen Werner at 804-516-4616.
- TAG Spring Show 2021Think of the fresh smell of the earth, the yet unsteady warmth of the sun, the woods starting to green ever so slightly, the wind whipping clothes on the line and bending trees all in the same direction, while clouds race across the sky and daffodils start to emerge….. we have beautiful art that evokes all of that and more in our new SPRING SHOW at the Tappahannock Art Galllery. The art is provided by our own members as well as supportive guest artists. Additionally, thanks to the efforts of Joyce Crown-Wilkins and her art students from the Tappahannock Elementary School, our windows have been decorated with their bright art creations to celebrate a time of renewal and rebirth. Escape from your “exhausting pandemic winter” by joining us in the Gallery at 200 Prince St. We are open on Saturdays, 10 am – 2 pm. Beginning in April, we will also be opened on Fridays, noon – 4 pm. (Masks still required)