2017 TAG PHOTO CONTEST: JURIED AND PEOPLE’S CHOICE
CALL FOR ARTISTS THE RIVER OF LIFE: SOURCE AND DESTINATION
TAPPAHANNOCK ARTISTS GUILD, INC., ‘TAG,’ announces its first PEOPLE’S CHOICE photo contest.
The submission email address has been corrected to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for any confusion created by the error.
All ages are invited to submit photographs related to the contest’s theme: THE RIVER OF LIFE: SOURCE and DESTINATION. In hopes of involving artists throughout Virginia, TAG makes this official call for artists without a submission fee. Submission and the jurying process will be done by email to email@example.com with PHOTO 2017 in the subject line.
Judging in the categories listed below will be done by an independent photographer, not affiliated with TAG. Awards will be announced and posted at the opening reception on April 21. Accepted photographs must have wire and hooks and be designated by the artist as either ‘Not for Sale’ or ‘For Sale’ with a price, with all sales subject to a 30% commission to TAG. Net proceeds will be paid to the artist within thirty days of the show’s end date. Accepted entries may not be removed until the show’s end date.
People’s Choice awards will be tallied from votes made at the gallery, by placement of $1 for each vote cast in the designated voting receptacle, numbered to match each displayed photograph.
RULES and GUIDELINES
- All entries must be the original art created by the artist; amateur and professional artists of any age are welcome. Limited to two (2) entries per artist.
- Content should be representative, literally or metaphorically, of the 2017 theme. THE RIVER : SOURCE AND DESTINATION.
- Deadline for entries is MARCH 26, 2017. Adult entries by email only with a jpeg size limit of 2.2 MB, labeled with artist name and the name of the photograph (ie: Morning Mist_smith) and a completed entry form (below). Photographers under age 18 may apply by email or may bring their framed entries to the Prince Street gallery on or before March 26, 2017 with the completed application form.
- The winning entry will be selected by TAG on or before April 12, 2017, and the accepted entries must be delivered to the TAG gallery on the corner of Prince Street and Water Lane, Tappahannock on or before April 19.
- Size of the finished piece of art should be no smaller than 8″ by 11″ and no larger than 20″ by 28.”
- Acceptable medium: original photography or digitally altered photographs.
- TAG or any of its officers or members are not responsible for damage to the artwork and will not be held liable for any such damage.
- Sale of the exhibited artwork will be handled by TAG and net proceeds will be paid to the winning artist minus a 30% gallery commission to TAG, within 30 days of the ending date of the show.
- All accepted entries must remain in the show gallery until April 30. Purchased artwork may be released to the buyer on or after April 30.
- Prizes other than People’s Choice awards for FIRST, SECOND and THIRD will be given for BEST under age 18 ($25), First ($25), Second ($20), Third Prize ($15), and two (2) Honorable Mentions.
- All entries (email only) shall include a completed application form, set out below.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]