RIVAHFEST in Tappahannock, Virginia and the Tappahannock Artists Guild (TAG) are joining together to announce a competition to create the official poster for the 14th annual RIVAHFEST on June 17, 2017.
This Call for Artists is to amateur and professional artists of all ages throughout Virginia. RIVAHFEST is a summer festival in downtown Tappahannock in Essex County that includes youth activities, vendors, food and music. The Rappahannock River, our beautiful tidewater location and our historic town make a wonderful backdrop to the fun summer festival.
TAG is handling the call, the submission and jurying and will be the point of contact for the artist. Poster, signed prints, and the original art work will be available for sale at TAG’s gallery in downtown Tappahannock. The winning artist will be acknowledged on all printed representations of the art, will be featured on both the RIVAHFEST and TAG websites, and will be featured in local printed media.
RULES and GUIDELINES
- All entries must be the original art created by the artist; amateur and professional artists of anyage are welcome.
- Content should be representative of this tidewater river country area and/or related to theannual street festival in Tappahannock, VA.
- Size of the finished piece of art should be no smaller than 8″ by 11″ and no larger than 18″ by 24.” RIVAHFEST reserves the right to modify the winning design in accordance with the
printing process of the event poster.
- Acceptable mediums: oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, photography, or mixed media. Colorsshould be bright or deep enough to reproduce as a print.
- RIVAHFEST or any of its members/ officers are not responsible for damage to the artwork andwill not be held liable for any such damage. TAG or any of its members are not responsible for
damage to the artwork and will not be held liable for any such damage.
- Deadline for entries (by email with a minimum of 2000 dpi) and a completed entry form (below) is April 30, 2017. The winning entry will be selected BY TAG shortly thereafter, and the original of the winning entry must be delivered to the TAG gallery on Prince Street, Tappahannock within 10 days of notification of its selection, along with an emailed bio and photo of the artist.
- The winning artist agrees by his/her submission to sign prints to be sold by TAG.
- The winning artwork becomes the sole property of RIVAHFEST and any reproduction or sale ofitems (prints, posters, t-shirts, etc.) incorporating the winning artwork require permission of RIVAHFEST; provided, however, that the sale of the original artwork will be handled by TAG and proceeds will be paid to the winning artist minus a 30% gallery commission to TAG. TAG may also use the image for publicity for any event to promote the sale of the original and/or the prints/posters that will be for sale at the gallery.
- Proceeds of prints, posters, or other items incorporating the image are for the benefit of TAG’s community outreach programs and RIVAHFEST. Both organizations are non-profit and recognized as federal 501(c)(3) entities.
Call for Artists – 2017 RIVAHFEST POSTER Entry Form submittal deadline April 30, 2017.
Submit to: email@example.com